What is Raw Honey?
Raw and unfiltered honey is the most nutritionally valuable honey. Raw honey is not heat-treated (not pasteurized at temperatures higher than 45 °C or 113 F) and not filtered so that its pollen is retained. For this reason, Raw Honey harvested from the hive preserves its nutritional value. On the other hand, pasteurized honey is exposed to high temperatures of up to 65-75 °C (149-167 F). Therefore, the structure of the vitamins, minerals, and enzymes is damaged, and the original nutritional value is unfortunately degraded. In addition, when honey is filtered, pollens that contribute to its nutrient content are also lost. Honey exposed to such harsh conditions does not have the expected health benefits for the human body.
Benefits of Raw Honey
- 🐝 Raw honey supports physical performance and immunity with its high antioxidant properties and rich nutritional content.
- 🐝 Raw honey helps prevent and treat infections with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- 🐝 With its antibacterial and antiviral properties, it reduces cough commonly observed in upper/lower respiratory tract infections.
- 🐝 It is a natural support in healing skin wounds and burns. Scientific studies show that raw honey benefits diabetic wound healing.
- 🐝 It is recommended to be used as a support for treating oral wounds caused by chemotherapy.